Monday, July 19, 2010

God Answers Prayers

A couple of weeks ago Anna Grant and I were running some errands! It had stormed earlier that morning and as she was riding in the back seat, out of the blue she prayed, "God please send us a rainbow today." It was precious! So I had a little teachable moment and explained to Anna Grant that God always hears our prayers but he may not always answer them right away or in the way that we want Him to! I put her to bed a little earlier than usual that night! I walked out of her room and saw my neighbor outside with his little girl pointing up at the sky! When I walked outside there was a beautiful full rainbow just outside of our house! I immediately ran in and got Anna Grant out of the bed! I had tears in my eyes as I told her that God had answered her prayer! Amazing! What a sweet reminder of God's love for us!

Chet, my neighbor, sent me this from his phone!
The picture doesn't really show how beautiful it was but I'm thankful to have it!

2 comments:

  1. Catherine, that is the most precious story and what a beautiful rainbow!! I love how children pray to God with so much faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...tears in my eyes...chills on my legs. precious! I love these days with so many sweet teachable moments!

    ReplyDelete